Columbia University Medical Center
Ranked #1 in Psychiatry
U.S. News & World Report
Ranked #1 in Research Funding
National Institutes of Health
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital The University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell

Ask the Experts


I am a married man. I have fantasies of a sexual nature that interrupt my work. They are not harmful. Who should I see about this?

Answered by: Richard Krueger

Well, it would depend on the fantasies and how much they interrupt your work; I would suggest that if you have an insurance plan, you seek a consultation with a psychologist or psychiatrist, tell him or her the nature of your problem and see what they say. If it is appropriate they may refer you for more specialized treatment with a sexual therapist.