Robyn Sysko, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychology in Psychiatry
New York State Psychiatric Institute
Dr. Sysko is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychology in Psychiatry at the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, and a Research Scientist at the Eating Disorders Research Unit of the New York State Psychiatric Institute.
Dr. Sysko received her undergraduate degree from the College of the Holy Cross, and her doctoral degree from Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. She completed her pre-doctoral internship training at the VA Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven Campus, and a Research Fellowship in Affective, Anxiety and Related Disorders at Columbia University.
Dr. Sysko’s research focuses on both eating and weight disorders. She has funding from NARSAD to study the effects of eating behavior on mood and the performance of tasks among women with bulimia nervosa with and without an alcohol use disorder. In addition, she received funding from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases to examine the relationship between weight, mood, and quality of life among adolescents enrolled in a bariatric surgery program.
Undergraduate: College of the Holy Cross, BA, 1995-1999
Graduate: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, PhD, 2002-2007
• Eating Disorders
• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Click here for Dr. Sysko's Clinical Trials
NYS Psychiatric Institute
1051 Riverside Drive
New York, NY 10032
1. Sysko, R., Hildebrandt, T., Wilson, G. T., Wilfley, D. E., & Agras, W. S.: Heterogeneity moderates treatment response among patients with binge eating disorder. . Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology. 2010;78: 681-690
1. Sysko, R., Sha, N., Wang, Y., Duan, N., & Walsh, B. T. : Early response to antidepressant treatment in bulimia nervosa. . Psychological Medicine. 2010;49: 999-1006
1. Walsh, B. T., & Sysko, R. : Broad Categories for the Diagnosis of Eating Disorders (BCD-ED): An alternative system for the classification for eating disorders. . International Journal of Eating Disorders 2009;42: 754-764
1. Wilson, G. T., & Sysko, R. : Frequency of binge eating episodes in bulimia nervosa and binge eating disorder: Diagnostic considerations. . International Journal of Eating Disorders 2009;42: 603-610
1. Sysko, R. & Hildebrandt, T. : Cognitive-behavioral therapy for individuals with bulimia nervosa and a co-occurring substance use disorder. . European Eating Disorders Review 2009;17: 89-100