Robyn Sysko, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychology in Psychiatry
New York State Psychiatric Institute
Dr. Sysko is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychology in Psychiatry at the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, and a Research Scientist at the Eating Disorders Research Unit of the New York State Psychiatric Institute. Dr. Sysko received her undergraduate degree from the College of the Holy Cross, and her doctoral degree from Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. She completed her pre-doctoral internship training at the VA Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven Campus, and a Research Fellowship in Affective, Anxiety and Related Disorders at Columbia University. Dr. Sysko’s research focuses on both eating and weight disorders. She has funding from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases to examine the relationship between weight, mood, and quality of life among adolescents enrolled in a bariatric surgery program.
Undergraduate: College of the Holy Cross, BA, 1995-1999
Graduate: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, PhD, 2002-2007
• Eating Disorders
• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
NYS Psychiatric Institute
1051 Riverside Drive
New York, NY 10032
1. 3. Sysko, R., Devlin, M. J., Schebendach, J., Tanofsky-Kraff, M., Zimmerli, E., Korner, J., Yanovski, J. A., Zitsman, J., Walsh, B. T. : Hormonal responses and test meal intake among obese teenagers before and after laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding. . American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2013;98: 1151-1161
1. Sysko, R., Devlin, M. J., Hildebrandt, T. B., *Brewer, S. K., Zitsman, J. L., & Walsh, B. T.: Psychological outcomes and predictors of weight loss among severely obese adolescents receiving bariatric surgery. . Journal of Clinical Psychiatry 2012;73: 1351-1357
1. Sysko, R., *Roberto, C. A., Barnes, R., Grilo, C. M., Attia, E., & Walsh, B. T.: Test-retest reliability of the proposed DSM-5 eating disorder diagnostic criteria.. Psychiatry Research 2012;196: 302-308
1. Sysko, R., Finkelson, E. B., Devlin, M. J., Bush, J., & Walsh, B. T.: A latent class analysis of psychiatric symptoms among 125 adolescents in a bariatric surgery program. . International Journal of Pediatric Obesity 2011;6: 289-297
1. Sysko, R., & Walsh, B. T. : Does the broad categories for the diagnosis of eating disorders (BCD-ED) scheme reduce the frequency of eating disorder not otherwise specified? . International Journal of Eating Disorders 2011;44: 625-629